Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hard work, 40's style, and a reward of relaxing in hammock & fan.

I got an order last night for a custom version of my 1940's sunsuit. She wanted it with culottes instead of our standard swimsuit bottoms. The pattern I based this oufit on actually originally came with shorts underneath, but it wasn't my style so I ditched them.
But, I'm glad I got this custom order to see what they look like. And also, it's refreshing to feel the immediate satisfaction of getting a rush order and finishing it on time, and being sentimental about sending off this lovely creation. I think I'm too emotional about my outfits. I hate to see them go!
So after my long day I'm sitting in front of a huge fan in my hammock chair and enjoying the lovely Wrightwood summer.

What's also going on:
~Chipmunk learned to jump. He's getting so fast that we only can keep him from escaping because he has a Pavlovian attachment to us as his food and warmth source. I think he's tamed quite well!
~Chris is obsessed with the rubix cube right now.
~My house would be cooler if they sold portable swamp coolers anymore. Now a days it's only small air conditioners and I don't like them nearly as much.
~I got another website gig doing a website for a friend from years and years ago. Makes the world seem small.
~I have a marker dot on my arm that can't be explained. I own no marker of such colour.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will take pics of the sunsuit! I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I took a pic before I mailed it! it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete